Clean out, Cash in
Village Style accepts freshly laundered, wrinkle and scent free clothing, as well as shoes, boots, handbags, accessories and jewelry in new or almost new condition. When your items sell, you get 45% of the selling price!
Here’s the Deal
- You bring in your in-season items.
- We choose what we can use.
- You receive 45% of the selling price when your items sell!
Smart choice—you weren’t wearing them anyway!
The Deal in Detail
- Village Style accepts in-season consignments Monday – Friday from 10:00-5:00 and on
- Saturday from 10:00-Noon. No appointment is necessary.
- We ask that you wait while we select items that we believe will sell. You take the remaining items and empty hangers home.
- All items must be freshly laundered, wrinkle and scent free. Ideally, they’ll be on hangers or neatly folded
- in a handled bag, basket or box. No trash bags, please.
- Your inventory list will be emailed to you upon request.
Spring items: January – March
Summer items: March – August
Fall items: August – October
Winter items: October – January
- 2 months for clothing, handbags and shoes.
- 3 months for jewelry, scarves, belts, hats and gloves.
When your items sell, you have the option of receiving a check or store credit.
What We Love
- Current, stylish women’s clothing, boots and shoes in new or almost new condition
- Women’s sizes 0-3x
- Accessories such as handbags, jewelry, belts, scarves, hats, and gloves
- Authentic designer items
- Vintage handbags
- On-trend vintage items
- View a list of brands we love here.
- Fuddy-duddy clothing, handbags and shoes
- Undergarments, sleepwear, and swimwear
- Wedding and prom gowns
- Real fur
- Screen printed logo items (country club, athletic team, clever sayings)
- Items that originally sold for less than $30
- Discount brands such as Wal-Mart, Target, Kmart, and Old Navy
- Items that smell of smoke, mothballs or any other scent
- Items with stains, tears, pulls, missing buttons, or other signs of wear
- Our pricing goal is to sell your items within the consignment period.
- Items are generally priced at approximately 60% off original retail. Items may be priced more or less depending on interest, condition, inventory, and other variables. Pricing is at the sole discretion of Village Style.
- Items will be discounted over the consignment period and may be marked to clear at any time.
- Items that are or become damaged will be donated.
- Consigner receives 45% of the selling price.
- Payment for items sold is available in-person, upon request. You may chose a check or a store credit.
- If you prefer, you can donate your proceeds to one of our charitable accounts.
- Accounts left dormant and/or unclaimed for one year will be forfeited.
- At the end of the consignment period, ownership of items is transferred to Village Style.
- You always have the option of collecting your unsold items. To do so you must do two things:
1a. Let us know you want your items back when you drop them off; OR
1b. Let us know you want your items back before the end of your consignment period. AND…
2. Collect your items within 7 days of being notified they are ready for pick-up.
We donate items to a variety of charities. A few charities we have supported:
- Good As New Thrift Shop, www.facebook.com/goodasnewhoulton
- Freeport Community Services Thrift Shop, www.fcsmaine.org/what-we-do/thrift-shop
- Preble Street Resource Center, www.preblestreet.org
- Individuals suffering from loss and in-need of clothing
Looking to Raise Money?
Organizations (churches, charities, special interest groups) may create a Village Style consignment account for their members to donate items to. Money raised through these accounts can be used to support the organization and/or its causes.
If an item has not sold in the shop, Village Style can post it for sale on Tradesy.com.
THE DEAL IN DETAIL
To post your item for sale on Tradesy.com, the following conditions must be met:
- It was available in our store for one consignment period;
- Village Style determines it can garner at least a $50 asking price on Tradesy.com; and
- The owner of the item agrees to and signs a separate Online Consignment Contract.
PROCESS FOR ONLINE SALES
- Village Style photographs items, uploads images and sets prices based on a suggested amount given.
- We store the item for you (separate from our in-shop inventory).
- When the item sells, we ship it to the buyer.
- You receive 45% of the asking price after Tradesy commission and fees.
Go to Tradesy.com
Tradesy functions as a women’s gently used clothing and accessories marketplace that is open to all brands, plus there’s a specialized wedding shop. Users can curate a personalized style feed based on favorite designers and clothing sizes to cut down on browsing time.
Brands you can expect to find: Old Navy, Opening Ceremony, Cartier and everything in between.
“Ebay is great, but it’s not necessarily tailored to women and the way women want to buy and sell fashion. So we really built something that every item is guaranteed authentic, so you never have to worry if it’s a designer good or not.”
—Tracy DiNunzio, Tradesy Founder and CEO