Clean out, Cash in
Village Style accepts freshly laundered, wrinkle and scent free clothing, as well as shoes, boots, handbags, accessories, and jewelry in new or almost new condition. When your items sell, you get 45% of the selling price!
Here’s the Deal
Make an appointment to bring in your in-season items.
We choose what we can use.
You receive 45% of the selling price when your items sell! Smart choice—you weren’t wearing them anyway!
The Deal in Detail
- You must make an appointment to bring in consignments (policy change due to Covid-19).
- Village Style accepts in-season consignments Wednesday – Friday from 11:00-4:00 and Saturday 11 & Noon.
- Wait while we select items that we believe will sell. Take the remaining items, and empty hangers home.
- All items must be freshly laundered, and free of damage, stains wear and odor. Ideally, they’ll be on hangers or neatly folded, in a handled bag, basket or box. No trash bags, please.
- Your inventory list will be emailed to you.
Spring items: February – April
Summer items: April – August
Fall items: August – October
Winter items: October – January
- 2.5 months.
- Consignment period begins once entered into inventory, not when left with Village Style.
- When your items sell, you have the option of receiving a check or store credit.
What We Love
- Current, stylish women’s clothing, boots, and shoes in new or almost new condition.
- Vintage handbags & jewelry
- Vintage clothing before 1980 (especially items from the 50’s, 60’s & 70’s).
- Women’s sizes 0-2x
- Accessories such as handbags, jewelry, belts, scarves, hats, and gloves
- Authentic designer items
- View a list of brands we love here.
- Undergarments, sleepwear, and swimwear
- Wedding and prom gowns
- Real Fur
- Screen printed logo items (country club, athletic team, clever sayings)
- Items that originally sold for less than $30
- Discount brands such as Wal-Mart, Target, Kmart, and Old Navy
- Items that smell of smoke, mothballs or any other scent
- Items with stains, tears, pulls, missing buttons, or other signs of wear
- Our pricing goal is to sell your items within the consignment period.
- Items are generally priced at approximately 65% off original retail. Items may be priced more or less depending on interest, condition, inventory, and other variables. Pricing is at the sole discretion of Village Style.
- Items will be discounted over the consignment period and may be marked to clear at any time.
- Items discovered to be stained or damaged after accepted, will be immediately recycled without further notice to consignor.
- Consignor receives 45% of the selling price.
- Payment for items sold is available in-person, upon request. You may choose a check or a store credit.
- If you prefer, you can donate your proceeds to one of our charitable accounts.
- Accounts left dormant and/or unclaimed for one year will be forfeited.
- At the end of the consignment period, ownership of items is transferred to Village Style.
- Items will NOT be returned to the consignor at the end of the consignment period, UNLESS the consignor calls Village Style during the final 2 weeks of consignment period and asks to have them returned. At that time, VS will give the consignor a pick up date. All items left beyond 14 days of pick up date are transferred to Village Style and may be recycled or resold.
We donate items to a variety of charities. A few charities we have supported:
- Good As New Thrift Shop, www.facebook.com/goodasnewhoulton
- Freeport Community Services Thrift Shop, www.fcsmaine.org/what-we-do/thrift-shop
- Preble Street Resource Center, www.preblestreet.org
- Individuals suffering from loss and in-need of clothing
Looking to Raise Money?
Organizations (churches, charities, special interest groups) may create a Village Style consignment account for their members to donate items to. Money raised through these accounts can be used to support the organization and/or its causes.