Clean out, Cash in
Village Style accepts freshly laundered, wrinkle and scent free clothing, as well as shoes, boots, handbags, accessories, and jewelry in new or almost new condition. When your items sell, you get 45% of the selling price!
Here’s the Deal
Bring in your in-season items.
We choose what we can use.
You receive 45% of the selling price when your items sell! Smart choice—you weren’t wearing them anyway!
The Deal in Detail
- Village Style accepts in-season consignments Tuesday – Friday from 10:30-5:30 and Saturday 10:30-Noon. No appointment is necessary.
- Wait while we select items that we believe will sell. Take the remaining items, and empty hangers home.
- All items must be freshly laundered, wrinkle and scent free. Ideally, they’ll be on hangers or neatly folded
- in a handled bag, basket or box. No trash bags, please.
- Your inventory list will be emailed to you upon request.
Spring items: February – April
Summer items: April – August
Fall items: August – October
Winter items: October – January
- 2 months for clothing, handbags, and shoes.
- 3 months for jewelry, scarves, belts, hats, and gloves.
- When your items sell, you have the option of receiving a check or store credit.
What We Love
- Current, stylish women’s clothing, boots, and shoes in new or almost new condition. We are a contemporary shop – current clothing styles only (within 5 years old).
- Women’s sizes 0-3x
- Accessories such as handbags, jewelry, belts, scarves, hats, and gloves
- Authentic designer items
- Vintage handbags & jewelry
- View a list of brands we love here.
- Fuddy-duddy clothing, handbags and shoes
- Undergarments, sleepwear, and swimwear
- Wedding and prom gowns
- Real Fur
- Screen printed logo items (country club, athletic team, clever sayings)
- Items that originally sold for less than $30
- Discount brands such as Wal-Mart, Target, Kmart, and Old Navy
- Items that smell of smoke, mothballs or any other scent
- Items with stains, tears, pulls, missing buttons, or other signs of wear
- Our pricing goal is to sell your items within the consignment period.
- Items are generally priced at approximately 60% off original retail. Items may be priced more or less depending on interest, condition, inventory, and other variables. Pricing is at the sole discretion of Village Style.
- Items will be discounted over the consignment period and may be marked to clear at any time.
- Items that are or become damaged will be donated.
- Consigner receives 45% of the selling price.
- Payment for items sold is available in-person, upon request. You may choose a check or a store credit.
- If you prefer, you can donate your proceeds to one of our charitable accounts.
- Accounts left dormant and/or unclaimed for one year will be forfeited.
- At the end of the consignment period, ownership of items is transferred to Village Style.
- You always have the option of collecting your unsold items. To do so you must do two things:
1a. Let us know you want your items back when you drop them off; OR
1b. Let us know you want your items back before the end of your consignment period. AND…
2. Collect your items within 7 days of being notified they are ready for pick-up.
We donate items to a variety of charities. A few charities we have supported:
- Good As New Thrift Shop, www.facebook.com/goodasnewhoulton
- Freeport Community Services Thrift Shop, www.fcsmaine.org/what-we-do/thrift-shop
- Preble Street Resource Center, www.preblestreet.org
- Individuals suffering from loss and in-need of clothing
Looking to Raise Money?
Organizations (churches, charities, special interest groups) may create a Village Style consignment account for their members to donate items to. Money raised through these accounts can be used to support the organization and/or its causes.